Monday, July 16, 2007

Guess What I am doing on October 7?

...Running 26.2 miles to eradicate blood cancers. Yes, you heard right, I am on my way to training for the Portland, Maine Marathon to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I am training with the Team in Training Program.

I have made a commitment to train for five months, to finish the Maine Marathon, and to raise $2,100 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society mission is to end to leukemia, lymphoma and other blood cancers.

I am running for all those who can't run anymore and who would do anything that may help save their loved one's life. When you look at a three year-old with leukemia or a child who has lost their father to the disease, running 26.2 miles and raising $2,100 seems simple compared to what those families have been through.

If you would like to make a donation, please visit: http://www.active.com/donate/tntma/juliannem. All contributions are tax-deductible and no gift is too small!

I plan on reviving this blog and updating it often, for reals! Stay tuned!

No comments: