Monday, July 30, 2007

Do the sprain!

Since I last updated this blog, I had to go and injure myself. I am recovering from an moderate inversion ankle sprain, which is the most common ankle sprain. My coaches say I will be ready to go by the marathon date, which is almost two months away, crazy!

I have physical therapy twice this week and I think the ice/heat/ultrasound/massage will help. I got permission to start using the elliptical again at the gym, so that is nice. I don't really feel like I get a workout on it, so I've been taking a lot of spinning classes. Its a good way to cross train and I can go hard, sweat and not worry about the ankle. My schedule is crazy this week, so I am thinking of taking the 6 a.m. class on Thursday. I will probably crash at 3 p.m. later that day.

The team ran 13 miles this past weekend in the humid weather. I wanted so bad to be out there, but I just have to keep telling myself to rest and let it heal properly or I'm never going to cross the finish line. My coaches think I'm very optimistic but they don't hear me ask my PT if I can run yet every time I see her or complain about my ankle brace. I'll see everyone this weekend since I'll be helping out at a water stop. If you can't run, pour water for your teammates. I'm so used to waking up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday, I might as well do something useful.

Thanks to everyone for your donations and words of encouragement. You guys rock!

No comments: