Friday, May 09, 2008

Fall Marathon

I know I said I wasn't going to run another marathon so soon, but after seeing people run Boston and running the Country Music Half, well I got sucked in.

I entered my name in the the NYC lottery for the half and full marathons. The half is in late July and the full is in November. If I get picked for the fall marathon, I will probably defer until next year because I signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon. I would really like my family to be at a race and MCM makes that the easiest with Pittsburgh being four hours away.

I signed up for a training group, so I can train harder and smarter this time around. Team in Training is great and I loved it, but I think it will be easier to train without having the fundraising cloud over my head. Training on my own for the half was easy, but I am looking forward to running with a group again.

Good bye being social on Friday nights - early bedtimes once again. Which, is actually nice on the wallet.

Upcoming race schedule:
Memorial Day Weekend - Run to Remember 5-Miler
June - J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge
July - NYC Half?
Mid-October - Hartford Half Marathon
Oct. 26 - Marine Corps Marathon

No comments: