Monday, February 06, 2006

We are the champions - of the world -

Pure bliss. I've waited 24 years for this. I still remember all the details from the last Super Bowl (Amy/Staci: remember we watched it at my house with your parents and mine went to PAD?), but this one had a much happier ending.

I joined the Steeler faithful at Shanghai Kelly's around 1:30 p.m. After yelling a few mean things at Brady and Lewis (Seriously, would I be a Steeler fan if I didn't?) I spent a good portion literally chewing one end of my terrible towel and having a panic attack. Everyone and their mother was text messaging me and I was calling everyone I knew at some points. But, after jumping for joy sometime early 4th qtr the whole bar went nuts for some reason and I was jumping like crazy and my phone fell out of my pocket. After spending two minutes on the floor looking for it (not an easy feat when the bar is packed), I decided it needed to go back in my purse.

To everyone who has a comment like this:
YOU'RE A BUNCH OF CHEATERS
I DEMAND A FEDERAL INVESTIGATION
I WANT BILL COWERS AND EVERYONE ELSES BANK RECORDS SUBPOENAED TO SEE WHO PAID OFF THE OFFICIALS
THAT GAME WAS RIDICULOUS AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMEDI
worst officiating ever!

All I gotta say, is who had two missed field goals, more drops, and false starts? We had the big plays. Fast Willie to the end zone, Randel El to Ward. So Ben did not bring his A game. But when he needed to make a big play, he did (3 and 28, anyone?). And he played a major role in us getting there. I'm hoping this is a pattern: Below stellar play in playoffs last year ----> Stellar play in playoffs this year ----> Below stellar play in Super Bowl ----> Stellar play in Super Bowl next year.

This was destined to happen. We won on the 36th day of the year. The stars were aligned for Jerome. Its going to be sad to see him go. Now the off season, what will I do? Let the liver and heart recover for one. I'm off to watch Ben shave his beard on Letterman. I'll blog about stuff other than football soon, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah baby! GO STEELERS!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I so don't remember that Super Bowl a few years back that you're talking about. What was I, like 6, though? Not exactly a 'let's remember the Super Bowl' age. Or something like that. For me at least.

For the off season, you could watch nascar. All the cool kids are doing it! ;)